1. Membership fees cover the current calendar year from 1st January 2018 until 31st December 2018. We do not pro-rata fees, or roll-over advertising into the following year, if you join after 1st January, but you are able to join at any point in the year until 30th September 2018.
2. Bayside Community Hub Business Directory membership is open to businesses servicing the areas covered by the Bayside Community Hub (Mordialloc, Parkdale, Mentone, Beaumaris, Black Rock, Sandringham, Hampton, Hampton East, Cheltenham, Highett, Brighton, Brighton East), or owned by people living in those areas. We are flexible to surrounding areas, so please discuss if you are not sure whether you fit the criteria. In general, we will accept businesses within a 15km radius of Sandringham Station.
3. Businesses must apply to join the Bayside Community Hub Business Directory directly, rather than through a third party organisation.
4. Multi-distribution businesses such as Isagenix, Herbalife, Arbonne, Tupperware, Juice Plus, Rodan and Fields etc. are not eligible to join at this stage (may be reviewed). The only exemption may be where someone can prove they are the sole distributor for a product within the Bayside region specified.
5. Businesses directly selling a product where there is an age limitation eg. alcohol, adult DVD’s etc., need to email us to determine whether you are eligible to join the business directory. Please note that restaurants, wine bars etc. with appropriate liquor licenses in place are eligible to join.
6. Businesses that are not well known within the community, or who have not been recommended by other directory members, may be required to provide references in order to be accepted onto the Bayside Community Hub Business Directory. You will be advised after your initial application if this is required, and your membership payment will be refunded in full if you are not accepted.
7. Private businesses joining the Bayside Community Hub Business Directory must pay the scheduled registration fee for the calendar year. Scheduled fees for 2018 depend on the advertising package you select, and can be found on our Packages page. Please note that the full fee will apply, regardless of when you join throughout the year. Please note that our Service Level Agreement from point of payment to confirming your application is 7 days, and you will not be able to advertise your business until you have been confirmed via email.
8. All Not-For-Profit businesses and community clubs are exempt from the yearly registration fee and advertising restrictions. Documentation confirming the not-for-profit status may be requested from the Bayside Community Hub Business Directory administration team.
9. Services provided by membership of the Bayside Community Hub Business Directory are defined as follows:
- Website – Inclusion on the Bayside Community Hub Business Directory Website (SLA to add new businesses is within 7 days from receipt of payment)
- Bayside Business Directory Advertising Facebook Group – Access to advertise on the Bayside Business Directory Advertising group. Advertising is unrestricted on this group for Business Directory members, so you can advertise whenever you like. Posts on this group will be pending until approved by Admin, and our Service Level Agreement is to approve posts onto this group at least once a day.
- Self-Recommendations – Ability to recommend your own business on all recommendation posts on the hubs – this is where you can put yourself forward and post your business details on recommendation request posts! It should be clear to the requester that you are recommending your own business if you use this option.
- Bayside Community Hub and Beaumaris Community Hub Facebook Groups – Your advertising allocation on these groups will depend on the package you have selected. Please check the Packages page for more information. Any post that includes a link, tag or share to/from your website, facebook page, or with any business details included is considered as advertising, so must be counted within the advertising quota. All advertising posts on Bayside Community Hub and Beaumaris Community Hub must include the phrase “Admin Approved” at the start of the post. Any posts that do not meet these guidelines may be removed. Note, if you post the same advertisement on Bayside Hub and Beaumaris Hub, this will count as 2 ads towards your quota, not 1. Our Service Level Agreement is to approve ads within 2 hours of posting, between 7am and 10pm. Any ads posted outside of these hours will be approved the following morning.
- New Business Introduction Post – All new businesses signing up the Bayside Community Hub Business Directory receive 1 additional post on top of their package quota. This allows you to post on the Bayside Community Hub group and introduce your business to our members.
- Scheduled Bayside Community Hub Business Directory promotional events such as competition weeks, Christmas sale promotions, school holiday promotions etc – details will be provided as these opportunities arise throughout the year.
10. The Bayside Community Hub Business Directory provides a platform for you to promote your business, but it is the responsibility of each individual business to do their own marketing and advertising within the platform provided, unless you choose to utilise one of our advertising packages on top of your membership. If a third party is being paid a fee to advertise on your behalf on the Facebook groups specified above, a separate commercial agreement needs to be reached between all parties involved (Hub Business Solutions Pty Ltd, Bayside Community Hub Business Directory Member and Third Party organisation).
11. We offer a number of different competition packages which can be run across all 3 Facebook Groups.
12. If you are running a competition on the Bayside Community Hub Business Directory advertising platform (Facebook groups specified in item 8), it is essential that all Facebook-defined competition rules are adhered to as follows. These rules are set by Facebook and legally binding. Failure to adhere could result in our advertising platform being shut down permanently.
- You cannot ask people to like your business page as a condition of competition entry.
- You cannot ask people to tag other people on the post as a condition of competition entry.
- You cannot ask people to share the post as a condition of competition entry.
- The only conditions of entry you can apply are to ask people to like the competition post and/or ask them to comment on the competition post.
- You must specify a clear end date and time for the competition.
- Competition winners must be announced on the original competition post, even if you choose to publish on your own Facebook Page or website as well.
- The following Facebook disclaimer MUST be included on all competition posts – “By entering this contest, you agree to a complete release of Facebook from any or all liability in connection with this contest. This promotion is no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook”
13. Membership of the Bayside Community Hub Business Directory may be terminated as a result of the following (full registration fee will be refunded in the case of termination):
- Negative reviews or complaint emails being received.
- Failure to adhere to the advertising restrictions on Bayside Community Hub and Beaumaris Community Hub Facebook Groups.
- Failure to adhere to any of the rules above.
- Abusive/Inappropriate communication with the Administration and Registration team.
- Misuse of the Bayside Community Hub Business Directory contact information and/or advertising platform.
- Removal from the Bayside Community Hub Facebook Groups for any reason.
14. Renewals – Renewals and early bird fees for 2019 will commence from 1st November 2018. We will start sending reminders to renew at this time. It is the responsibility of the member to perform the renewal by 31st December to avoid being removed from the directory. If we do not wish to offer you a renewal for 2019, we will email to advise you of this prior to the renewals period commencing.
15. The Bayside Community Hub Business Directory, Bayside Community Hub Business Directory Advertising Platforms, and all services provided by membership of the directory, are the property of Hub Business Solutions Pty Ltd (ABN: 29609839278).
All services relating to the Bayside Community Hub Business Directory (as specified above) must be provided by an employee of Hub Business Solutions Pty Ltd, or by someone directly contracted to provide services on behalf of Hub Business Solutions Pty Ltd. Bayside Community Hub Business Directory member organisations are directly nominated as authorised contractors to advertise on the Facebook Groups specified. This nomination is only valid if the advertising is done directly by the Bayside Community Hub Business Directory organisation. If a third party organisation is being paid to advertise on behalf of the Bayside Community Hub Business Directory organisation, a commercial agreement must be reached between Hub Business Solutions Pty Ltd, the Bayside Community Hub Business Directory member, and the third party marketing organisation.
16. Hub Business Solutions Pty Ltd can provide social media marketing and advertising services on the Community Hub Facebook Groups for an extra fee if this service is required. Please contact us for more information.